Before you start working with Leadoo you’ll discuss with your Account Executive what type of integration you may need.
We offer 2 levels of integration
- Simple Integration
- Complex integration
But, how do you know the difference and which one should you choose? Here’s a brief idea.
A simple integration includes:
- Connection to common CRM systems e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics etc.
- Standard contact information – name, email address, phone number etc.
- Bot conversation – the dialogue your visitor had with the Leadoo bot they converted on
- URL the lead was generated from
- Checking if the contact already exists – if it does update their record. If it doesn’t, create a new contact.
A complex integration includes:
- Connection to uncommon CRMs or another 3rd party system where an API and custom code are required.
- Non-standard data should be passed through based on a fixed choice e.g.
Region – EMEA, Americas, Asia etc.
Product of interest
Turnover of the company etc.
- Create rules based on bot discussions using labels e.g.
1) Someone downloads a guide but doesn’t want a demo -> Hubspot nurturing funnel
2) Someone requests a demo –> HubSpot sales hub -> create a lead
- Lead source data
Still not sure what option you need? Take a look at a record in your CRM system and see which fields are mandatory or conditional for automation. If you have any custom fields which need to be completed that you will probably need a complex integration.
- Leadoo Essentials subscriptions include simple integration as standard.
- Leadoo Pro or Custom includes complex integration as standard.
If you have our Essential package you can most likely upgrade your integration for a one-off amount. Just ask your Onboarding Manager or Customer Success Manager about it.
So how do we set up integrations to your other apps?
Most integrations are set up using our in-app integration tool. Before starting any integrations make sure you know what information you need to map across, where it needs to be mapped to and whether there are any mandatory fields that we need to be aware of.
If you are technically confident and setting up a simple integration you can use our guide and templates to set it up yourself.
You can find more information about that here – Setting up an integration to CRM using templates
You can also book a session with one of our Integration Engineers. They’ll help you set everything up but remember, we need you to run tests to make sure you’re getting all the information you need in the right place.
You can book your session with Otto here – https://mypage.leadoo.com/otto
When you have your meeting with an engineer they’ll start by setting up the decision tree like this:
Next, you’ll start mapping the fields from Leadoo to your CRM system which looks like this.
This is where we can see what fields are in your CRM system and what data we need to map to them, so a good working knowledge of your CRM is important during this meeting. If you’re not familiar with the configuration of your system make sure you invite someone along who is.
Once this is complete it’s testing time!
Make sure everything is coming through as it should, if not be clear about what isn’t populating so we can test and fix it.
For complex integrations, the testing process can take up to a week after the set-up. For simple integrations, this should be completed on the same day.
How to send a test
Whilst in your meeting your engineer will send a test via the integration tool. If you need to test outside of the meeting you can use the bot hyperlinks to do so.
Navigate to the bot you want to test then click the <> Add to site on the right-hand side.
Click the hyperlink button and then copy and paste the link into your browser.
Complete the bot with information as if you were a visitor and check what data comes through to your system.
Once we’ve made sure that everything is populating correctly, your integration is complete!
And remember, Admins on your account can access this integration anytime, but if you need assistance please reach out to us for help.
If you have any questions about integrations reach out to the Leadooer you’re currently working with.