Implementing Leadoo is extremely easy. Simply add the Leadoo bot script to your website header or the pages of your choice. You can also implement the chatbots to your website by using Google Tag Manager.
1. Open Leadoo admin panel and open the chatbot section. Click the blue “Add to site” button.
2. Select and copy the script you want to use on your site.
3. Go to your CMS and add the script to the place of your choosing.
We recommend placing the script within the <head> tags of the site. This allows the triggering of the chat to be managed fully through your Leadoo platform. <head> tags can usually be found from the site’s “Theme editor” (within header.php file).
Alternatively, you can copy paste the script within <body> tags of each page you want the bot to appear in. The content of the <body> tags is often accessible through the pages’ html (text) editor.
Adding script via Google Tag Manager
We advice you not to embed any Leadoo scripts through Google Tag Manager
- 30% – 50% of internet users in US and Europe use ad blockers. Ad blockers block all scripts loading from GTM
If you embed scripts through GTM, Leadoo bots won’t be visible to those who use ad blockers. That means that third, or even half, of your visitors can’t have conversations with bots. And that of course means less conversions and smaller ROI.
- If you choose to embed via GTM, start by following the steps 1-2 above the find the script from your Leadoo platform.
- On Google Tag Manager create a “Custom HTML” tag and set it to fire on All page views.
3. Name & publish the tag.